System Requirements —
The following represent the minimum computer system requirements for operation of the VMM software:
- Intel® Pentium processor (or equivalent) running at 200 MHz or greater.
- The Microsoft Windows® 98SE, or later, operating system. (Note: If Microsoft Windows® Vista, 7, 8 or 10 is used for the operating system, the User Account Control (UAC) should be disabled, and VMM must be set to "Run as Administrator" prior to the first running of the software.) [NOTE: Testing of VMM for use with Windows® 10 has been completed for the Professional version. VMM runs fine on Windows® 10 Professional, and we anticipate that it will also perform well on the Home edition. We have also completed a revision to the VMM networking procedure for systems running Windows® 7, 8 and 10 that will eliminate virtually all of the issues found in these newer operating systems caused by Microsoft's increased restrictions on user rights and previliges. Instructions for this newer LAN procedure are being prepared and will be released shortly.]
- 200 MB of free hard disk space.
- VGA monitor with a minimun of 800 X 600 resolution.
- A system printer for reports and optional sales receipts.
The following represent computer system components that we strongly recommend for use in conjunction with the VMM software:
- Some form of fast, high-capacity backup (i.e., removable media) device; such as a USB memory "stick", etc.
- A 40-column receipt printer. In our opinion, receipt printers contribute to a much more professional business image as compared to using full-page sales receipts, they print receipts faster, and they are more economical in the long run. (Warning: Printers with a serial interface may not work with the newer versions of the Windows® operating system, and we do not support them for use with VMM.) If you choose to use a cash drawer with VMM be sure that it is "triggered" (i.e., opened) by the receipt printer. (We will be happy to provide information on receipt printer models that are known to work well with the VMM program. Please take advantage of this information to help avoid receipt printer problems.)
- An Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) for each computer in the system to avoid possible data corruption that can be caused by a sudden electrical power loss.